The following is taken into account when you apply for a loan:
- Market potential and future economic viability of the business.
- Local job creation.
- Experience related to the venture.
- Reasonable personal financial investment.
- Ability to repay.
- Adequate security for the venture.
- Creation of a business plan.
- Location of the business within the Greater Trail Area.
Loan Application Process
Applicants are asked to submit an application and business plan for analysis by our analyst. The business plan may be relatively simple or very complex depending upon the nature of the business. The plan is then evaluated by an analyst and a recommendation is made to a finance committee made up of community volunteers.
Since we are in the business of supporting entrepreneurs, applications may be submitted at any time.
The following is an outline of our lending process:
- Contact our office for initial discussions concerning your application.
- Develop a business plan, including financial projections.
- Complete the required loan application form.
- Submit the completed loan application and business plan to our office. Depending upon your business plan and projections, you may also be asked to supply additional information.
Once your application has been received you will be notified on the status of your Micro-Loan application within two business days.
For more information about our Business Loans, visit the Loans FAQs page.