Posted: November 1, 2021 Job TitleSelf-Employment Business Counsellor – Contract Position Job SummaryOnline and in-person delivery of WorkBC Self-Employment (SE) Program for clients in the Greater Trail region and potentially Creston if interested. Duties include assessing client suitability …
Posted: November 1, 2021
Self-Employment Business Counsellor – Contract Position
Online and in-person delivery of WorkBC Self-Employment (SE) Program for clients in the Greater Trail region and potentially Creston if interested. Duties include assessing client suitability for SE, delivering workshops, and coaching/mentoring clients through the process of developing and implementing their business plan. This is a flexible, part-time position (potentially full-time with Creston) – working 20 to 37.5 per week, depending on client volume. During Covid-19, SE client services are delivered primarily online, via video conference.
- Deliver Self-Employment Program orientation and assessment workshops to potential clients that have been referred to the program by WorkBC;
- Review client’s self-assessment and determine whether they’re suitable to move forward to the Business Concept application. If approved for Business Concept provide guidance, support and feedback to applicants;
- Review Business Concept application and provide written recommendation to SE Committee;
- Have clients sign contracts prior to entering the Business Plan Development Stage and ensure they understand their contractual obligations;
- Provide individual support (one-on-one coaching) to clients in developing and implementing their business plans;
- Provide written Executive Summary with recommendation to SE Committee;
- Conduct mandatory monitors as per WorkBC contract;
- Maintain client records in WorkBC database;
- Liaise with WorkBC case managers;
- Provide Community Futures Greater Trail business coaching and outreach services as required (general public workshops, community business counselling)
- Assist in special projects as required.
Reports to: Executive Director – Community Futures Greater Trail
Works with: Community Futures Greater Trail and potentially Community Futures Central Kootenay (Nelson) team members
External Relationships: WorkBC contractors, Ministries related to WorkBC and local economic development organizations.
- Minimum of three years proven direct business experience, with a broad knowledge of business management practices, including standard business financial practices, regulations, bookkeeping, understanding of financial statements, business banking, knowledge of marketing and sales strategies, financing methods, business planning, etc.;
- Experience working with a variety of business models;
- Ownership or management experience in small business;
- Client management experience, including one-on-one counselling;
- Knowledge of basic business requirements for operating in the municipalities and regional district served;
- Working knowledge of basic business software – spreadsheets, email, Google docs, Zoom Video Conference;
- Understanding of market research and marketing principles. Understanding or proficiency with web and social media platforms for business use (Facebook, Instagram, Shopify, WordPress).
- Post-secondary education in business management, administration or counselling is an asset.
- Must have clean criminal record check for working with marginalized populations;
- Must have a valid driver’s license with appropriate insurance for vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasional travel.
- The successful candidate will have the option to work remotely from home or be based at the Community Futures Greater Trail office in Trail.
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 Noon Monday, November 15th, 2021.
Please, submit a cover letter & resume (electronic) to Erik Kalacis email@example.com and include ‘SE Counsellor Application’ in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Latest health orders will determine if this session will be held in person or via zoom conference. Learn: Ledger entries, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and much more. Participants are required to bring a laptop loaded with Microsoft Excel (or similar spreadsheet software) Cost: $100 + …
KORE is an economic development and diversification initiative managed by the Kootenay Outdoor Recreation Society located in Kimberley, BC. KORE has organized an industry cluster of all the outdoor recreation gear manufacturers and designers in the Kootenay region and to date has identified 40+ …
Businesses throughout Canada now have up to and including June 30, 2021 at 4:30PM to complete their applications for recovery relief.For more info: visit https://www.communityfutures.ca/covid-19-resources …
To help conduct your open burn safely, please follow the tipsin the factsheet below and visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/wildfire-status . Before doing any open burning, you must obtain a burn registration number (available at no charge by calling 1 888 797-1717). You must also …
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin quoted. With wildfire season just around the corner, it would be wise to give some thought into preparing a Disaster Plan for your farm or ranch. This plan will outline your existing assets and provide first responders, at a …
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" - Benjamin Franklin Emergencies and disasters are unavoidable and are happening more and more frequently in British Columbia and elsewhere. Although it is impossible to predict what will happen in the future, it is possible to use the best …
March 23, 2021, from 2 - 4:00PM Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 19, 2021. …
March 16, 2021, from 9 - 11:00AM This session will cover; Pricing, Profit, Markups, and Margins. Registration at email@example.com before March 12, 2021. …